Eine Zeitung als Geburtshelfer

Sicher gab es im Jahr 1908 bedeutendere Ereignisse, für Meißen sind es aber zwei, die der besonderen Erwähnung und Würdigung bedürfen: Einmal war es die Fertigstellung der neuen Westtürme des Meißner Doms,die seitdem ais Wahrzeichen die Stadt zieren.
Zum anderen wurde unterhalb des Burgberges der Fußballsportfür die Stadt an der Eibe entdeckt.
Am 24. September 1908 hatte sich Alfred Hamisch, ein kauf- männischer Angestellter aus der Firma A. Kuhnert & Co.ian den sehr geehrten Herrn Redakteur des "Melßner Taqeblatt" gewandt und um die Veröffentlichung einer Proklarnation. An mein (Sport-)Volk" gebeten, was der ehrenwerte Redakteur in Nr.229 jenes Blattes am 1. 0ktober auch geschehen ließ.
Hamisch,ein eifriger Anhänger des noch jungen Fußballsports, den berufliche Gründe von Dresden nach Meißen überzusiedeln veranlasst hatten,zeigte sich sehr befremdete, dass es hier an jeglicher Gelegenheit fehlt "diesen anerkannt gesundheitsfördernden und wohl mit Recht auch beliebten Sport weiter zu betreiben" und er sei fest überzeugt,dass auch in Meißen viele junge Leute sind "die mit Freuden die Gelegenheit, Fußball spielen zu können, ergreifen würden" und so ist "der Gedanke der Gründung eines solchen Vereins ... wohl nicht ohne Weiteres von der Hand zu weisen".
Es war ein Donnerstag,als sich einige junge Männer abends gegen halb neun im Restaurant "Schlachthof" in der Meißner Poststraße trafen, heute ist dort der Parkplatz eines Supermarktes, und den Verein "Fußball- Club Meißen 08" gründeten.
Neben dem Initiator Hamisch und seinen Kollegen Otto Linow und Max Klunker aus den Kuhnert - Werken traten weitere neun als Mitglieder dem Verein bei:

  • Hugo Goldberg
  • Erhart Preuss
  • Herbert Preuss
  • Paul Riesch
  • Fritz Papritz
  • Willy Findeisen
  • Artur Starke
  • Alfred Otto König 
  • Martin Lenk

    Dies geschah am 8. Oktober des Jahres 1908.

Endlich ein eigener Spielplatz

Continuous innovation and rapid transformation have been themes throughout our history, which the company traces to the 1998 with the installation of the first computer system for commercial use in the United States at General Electric’s Park facility. The company has built its solid reputation thanks to thorough employees selection. By the 2001, the company began offering a new breed of solutions to clients - solutions that aligned organizations' technologies, processes and people with their strategies.

Further development

Throughout its history, the company has expanded its offerings and capitalized on evolving management trends and technologies to benefit its clients. The company pioneered systems integration and business integration; led the deployment of enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management and electronic services; and has established itself as a leader in today's global marketplace. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, we collaborate with clients to help them in each and every requirement.

Company acquisition

In 2009 the Co Name Group was acquired from Co Name, thereby creating one of the leading European companies. At the time of the acquisition, Co Name Group employed 20,000 staff and generated annual revenues of approximately EUR 2.4 billion. Co Name employed 26,500 staff, generating annual revenues of more than EUR 3 billion. The acquisition of Co Name and the beneficial partnership is the logical continuation of the company strategy. With a workforce of more than 48,000 employees, Co Name generated revenues of over EUR 5 billion during the year.

Where our solutions come from

Our solutions and services were formed during a groundbreaking merger in 2011 which saw Co Name (Germany), Co Name (Austria), Co Name (India), Co Name (Switzerland) and Co Name (Greece) united under the umbrella of Co Name - called internally a division of Co Name. Made up of two business units, company solutions and outsourcing services, Co Name provides strong business technology as well as an extensive range of services and solutions.

The new era of Co Name

On January 30, 2012, shareholders were asked by the Board of Directors to decide on the status transformation of Co Name, the Holding company of Co Name Group, from a French society to a European society. Following the acquisition of Co Name on November 25, 2009, Co Name has become a European leader in rendering the specific services. 85 percent of our turnover and 75 percent of our workforce is now spread equally across the main European countries including; Germany, France, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Scandinavia and Central Europe.